Vaccine progress

There are no other similar vaccines?
mRNA vaccines degrade quickly so need to be stored at very low temperatures and then used within 24 hours when brought to normal refrigeration. Google shows an Indian company which has used a novel technology to stabilise their vaccine at standard refrigeration temperatures.

The technology used for all of these viruses was originally intended to use in the development of cancer vaccines (and developed by a German husband and wife team) so this is very exciting as it may be the start of a whole new range of treatments.
He was born in Turkey which is nice considering that modern medicine is a Central Asian invention.
I've named them Mr and Mrs Curie of our century.
There are others and 20 years ago mRna research was literally laughed at, the girl who helped Moderna is Hungarian and another Curie type person told repeatedly it won't work.
Now its going to be like Schrodingers Cat we'll only know when we fully open the box,(es).
I have been watching the cancer developments since I got it back in 2007 and honestly it was a pipe dream but a hopeful one, now with mRna and Crispr we might see cancer less lethal and become a disease people live with, cure is another 50 years away Id say but its now a lot closer than 20 years ago.

mRNA vaccines degrade quickly so need to be stored at very low temperatures and then used within 24 hours when brought to normal refrigeration. Google shows an Indian company which has used a novel technology to stabilise their vaccine at standard refrigeration temperatures.
The plan over 2021 and outwards is to lyophilize the Pfizer one and her indoors is getting involved, no idea how but she was part of other powdering projects like Prenvar she is a VP of global quality for Pfizer.
Still has to take care of other things but hey life is hard.

I've named them Mr and Mrs Curie of our century.
There are others and 20 years ago mRna research was literally laughed at, the girl who helped Moderna is Hungarian and another Curie type person told repeatedly it won't work.
Now its going to be like Schrodingers Cat we'll only know when we fully open the box,(es).
I have been watching the cancer developments since I got it back in 2007 and honestly it was a pipe dream but a hopeful one, now with mRna and Crispr we might see cancer less lethal and become a disease people live with, cure is another 50 years away Id say but its now a lot closer than 20 years ago.
I find the whole area fascinating though I certainly don't fully understand it.

Seems strange since it's a mRNA vaccine and other similar vaccines such as the Ebola Vaccine also have to be kept at -60°C. It's good news though.
There's a theory out there that the Ebola vaccine somehow had some effect on Covid in those areas it has been administered, apparently pneumonia is also lower than normal again no studies done or buy it has been noted as an anomaly.

The plan over 2021 and outwards is to lyophilize the Pfizer one
Yea, that explains it though isn't it a new process for mRNA?

and her indoors is getting involved, no idea how but she was part of other powdering projects like Prenvar she is a VP of global quality for Pfizer.
Still has to take care of other things but hey life is hard.
That's really cool though.

I find the whole area fascinating though I certainly don't fully understand it.
Me either but the FT had a very good piece over the weekend explaining it.
Netflix has an excellent documentary on CRISPR, there are two docs, one is the above and another is about a guy in Vegas selling CRISPR kits to reverse aging .

Worth a look.

Yea, that explains it though isn't it a new process for mRNA?
Apparently its doable at low temperatures and big quantities so the plant in Belgium that will produce for Europe will produce and store on site and distribution will be then sent to local sites .
The Chinese plant apparently are tinkering now and it seemingly works. Just a final note each major market will have a regional production plant. Kilmazoo, US, Purrs Europe , China a JV in Shanghai South America under discussion

Have you any idea what the Indian company (linked in post 62 above) are talking about?
No but I have been project managing renovations Ill have a look, Fierce Pharma is a great source btw.

Pfizer now think the effectiveness is now 94% but more significantly working in over 65 age group and no safety issues of significance, feck we might get to the sun next year

Moderna the same apparently but time will tell, there must be close to 50 candidates now, so it could be a good 2021

Something we still need certainty on is how effective the vaccines are at reducing the viral load.
We don't want to end up with vaccines which turn people from symptomatic (and thereby more aware of need to test and isolate) to asymptomatic shedders, or we are in for a storm in the period between start and end of vaccination. Especially if the vaccines prove less effective on the most vulnerable groups.
What we really need for herd immunity are vaccines like the current flu vaccine which prevents you from spreading the virus.

I am not saying the current vaccines don't do the above, but the current trial studies as constructed will not show this.

Back