Vaccination proof for coffee.

roker

I was in a shopping centre yesterday and went to O'Brians for a coffee and snack, to which I was asked "did I have proof of vaccination, I put my green card with my passport at home, who would think I need it for a coffee, it was an open seating area in a shopping centre. One customer lost O"Briens

I suppose it was indoor dining/drinking since it was inside a building.
You can't blame O'Brien's for that.

One customer lost for O'Briens

Don't be so harsh, businesses like O'Briens and their employees have had a torrid time over last 17 months. Rules constantly chopping and changing, re-opening then closing again.
Cut them some slack, they are most likely interpretating the rules as they understand them and do not want to jeopardise another re-opening.

I was in a shopping centre yesterday and went to O'Brians for a coffee and snack, to which I was asked "did I have proof of vaccination, I put my green card with my passport at home, who would think I need it for a coffee, it was an open seating area in a shopping centre. One customer lost O"Briens

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. We're in the middle of a pandemic and, just like those annoying TV ads for the License Fee, this is just one of the terms & conditions of living in Ireland, albeit for the time being..

Lots of restrictions can appear ridiculous. This is because they are a very blunt tool. A more nuanced approach would be too complex & hard to enforce. If this were a permanent scenario there would be more specific restrictions. Its a rapidly evolving situation in an unprecedented pandemic.

Back