UTV and Ch 4 On sky box

pennypincher

I also have the SKY package but would like to get Ch4 and UTV.There's a local guy who said he can install it on my Sky Box for 150 Euro once off payment.Anyone else tried this?Does it work or will it be switched off after a couple of months.

Thread carefully here. I thought that once you had a sky card you had free access to Ch4 and ITV. I may be mistaken. However, if I am correct it should be just a matter of tuning your box in. At 150 euros that sounds expensive!

its just that he will supply you with a different card. When you want to watch UTV, Ch4 or Ch 5 you will need to switch cards. these cards are availabel to UK address holders for 20 sterling i think. If you want one, the cheapest thing to do really is to ask anyone at all you know in the UK to buy one and send it to you...

RTE, BBC, UTV, TV3 and CH4 are free to air. We have both SKY and an aerial that picks up free to air channels. We got a local TV guy to fit an aerial to our chimney that you just tune your TV to these channels. We get the Sky by dish, UTV and Ch4 by aerial. Apparently UTV and CH4 have not come to any arrangement with Sky to carry the channels.

I have UTV and Channel4 on my sky box in Ireland. Search !

€150 he said ? There is one born every day.

tonka said:
I have UTV and Channel4 on my sky box in Ireland. Search !

€150 he said ? There is one born every day.

I have searched before but never found them - do you know what freq they are on ?

search my posts on askaboutmoney paddyc :)

you may ALSO have to add a transponder to the sky box once you have the correct decrypt card

Here is a step to step guide with colour piccies on how to add UTV and C4 (and the rest) to your Channel Listings on a Sky Box . Couldnt be simpler unless you are numerically dyslexic .....so get a neighbour in. Adding them to the channel listings does not mean you can see them of course :)

or

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/

Tonka, please do not spread false hope.
UTV and Channel 4/Channel 5 are absolutely 100% NOT available with an Irish Sky subscription. You need an English subscription or freeview card for it.

its only in some areas that you can get Channel 4/UTV on aerial. These areas tend to be elevated East coast areas getting it from Wales, near the Northern ireland border or else within a so called deflector area such as South Coast TV who rebeam the 4 English channels within a local area.

This is the official Sky site.

As I said if you know someone in the UK just get them to order it for you for 20 sterling. Failing that, there loads of sites you can get it from that sell you the 'usage' of a UK address. This works out at about 100 euro i think.

or €40 or so on ebay normally or a tenner even if you lurk :)

only a muppet would pay €150 for one

[broken link removed]

If your in their area you could just subscript to chorus and get ch4 and itv on their standard package, which is the same price as sky and as their brocherue says, 'support and irish jobs.' Presume ntl is similar

Elsewhere on the forum, there's concern over how many less people are posting since the change to vbulletin.

Calling people who have limited knowledge of a market & are seeking advice "muppets" is hardly going to help.

/me withdraws muppet from circulation henceforth and retroactively so Jock04 , I had already stoutly resisted the temptation to say what I think of Chorus.

Fewer posters

Jock04 said:
Elsewhere on the forum, there's concern over how many less people are posting since the change to vbulletin.

Probably something to do with the fact that when you type in www.askaboutmoney.com you get a page not dissimilar in style to the "service unavailable, try again later" pages you used to get occasionally with ezBoard. You have to read the text carefully in order to figure out which link to click on.

Maybe the "Click here to go to the discussion forums" should be in huge type and bold?

Or better still, redirect after 5 seconds?

Re: Fewer posters

MonsieurBond said:
Probably something to do with the fact that when you type in www.askaboutmoney.com you get a page not dissimilar in style to the "service unavailable, try again later" pages you used to get occasionally with ezBoard. You have to read the text carefully in order to figure out which link to click on.

Maybe the "Click here to go to the discussion forums" should be in huge type and bold?

Or better still, redirect after 5 seconds?

I have restored the autodirect to route viewers of the AAM home page to the vBulletin forums. If you go to http://www.askaboutmoney.com and it does not automatically redirect then you probably have a cached copy of the page and pressing Ctrl+F5 should force a refresh. There's a link to the old ezBoard forums in the in case anybody ever needs to refer to them.

Great,

Now any chance of sorting out the availability of ITV 1 & 2, Ch 4 & 5 on Sky pls Clubman ? :) ;) :)

No offense, just bringing the thread back on topic :)

I think you're meta redirect tags are set too fast...now youdon't even have the chance to click into the old pages!!!

i bought a uk subcard from ebay for e50. you have to switch cards when you want to watch utv, ch4, ch5. when you put it in, your box reboots and 101,102,103,104 are replaced with bbc1,bbc2,itv,ch4,ch5. I get itv granada. it depends what region your card is from. You can tune in all the other regions off bbc and itv through other channels.

Back