Using PS4 on "old tv"

Violet Rose

Hi - can some offer advise on Ps4 and using is on an old tv... ie not a HD TV - I really do not want to get a HD just for the PS4 as TV is perfectly fine - however is there a cable or something to work around for playing the PS4 - thanks in advance

Hi - can some offer advise on Ps4 and using is on an old tv... ie not a HD TV - I really do not want to get a HD just for the PS4 as TV is perfectly fine - however is there a cable or something to work around for playing the PS4 - thanks in advance

We would need a bit more info than this, like, what inputs has the TV got, eg. scart, a/v phono, S/video etc.

If your not sure, post a pic or a least tell us the make/model of the set.

I don't have a PS4 but AFAIK it only has a HDMI output so some form of digital/analogue converter will be required.

Last edited:
Fairly pointless having a PS4 and using it with a non-HD TV. That's like having a Ferrari but never driving it out of second gear. It will depend on what cable your TV can take. I know the default for PS4 is HDMI and I think optical cable only.

ok - i bought a second hand HD tv WAlker brand - no remote - was told it does work... how do I tune a universal remote into it when I onlu have a light on tv - black screen ... i am beginning to feel i was sold a dud...

What universal remote did you get? The TV will play no part in setting it up, these are set up over the internet, via a PC connection or directly on the remote itself using codes provided. The manual will explain.

Back