using newaddress.ie when moving

darex

has anyone used newaddress.ie when moving house and how did they find it?

Yes, I have used it. It is fairly good and will get better. It will become what myhome.ie has done for online house shopping.

First you register, then they send you out forms to sign. This gives them power to change address on your behalf. Although, I have not yet returned the forms, once returned you can notify other utilities/companys etc online.

Personally I bit concerned about having so much personal data in one place - even if it is on a secure server

1. How much does it cost ? couldnt find a price on the site?
2. I am changing bank, but not address. Can I use this service to change the 10 direct debits I have to the new bank account.

I was enthusiastic about the concept, but when it came down to it (I got all the forms), there was only one company on their list that I needed to notify. ESB and Eircom were already done to get the lines / accounts changed over.

I had 12 other companies to notify, and only one covered by newaddress.ie so for me, it was not worth the effort. It will spread to more suppliers with time.

It is not a service for bank a/c direct debit switching.

landlord said:
1. How much does it cost ? couldnt find a price on the site?
2. I am changing bank, but not address. Can I use this service to change the 10 direct debits I have to the new bank account.

It is for changing address with the same accounts (rather than the other way round)

AFAIK it is free

I used newaddress.ie and found them to be great, they were very helpful and did not finish until all companies, were notified, I would use them again, a great help when moving home, taking some of the strain

CathyK said:
I used newaddress.ie and found them to be great, they were very helpful and did not finish until all companies, were notified, I would use them again, a great help when moving home, taking some of the strain
Thanks Cathy for the feedback

I know this post is old, but I'm in the process of moving this weekend (just having a break to watch the fiasco in Cyprus). Just had to say what an absolutely useless service newaddress.ie is. I registered, got the forms out, took the time to fill them all in. Got them back requesting extra signatures in relation to companies I had not asked them to change (i.e. motor tax etc. for me and OH which I did online). Got bombarded with annoying texts and e-mails about 'outstanding information' and finally got an e-mail saying my account was being deleted as they hadn't received metre readings........ I had provided my moving date which was a week after they deleted my account, my understanding is to read your metre the last day and I was then planning to ring them with the info. I got a summary e-mail with a load of 'not done's for different stupid reasons such as the metres not being read and they didn't seem to be able to understand (which I put clearly in a letter) that I did not want to set up ESB and Bord Gais at my new address because it is my parents house as I am going to be living with my parents for a few weeks till my new house is ready.

I am all for all this kind of idea and am a massive internet user for all sorts of things but newaddress.ie has made the stressful event of moving even worse as I had to ring all the companies myself at the last minute and have not now given enough notice for some companies and know some post is not going to reach my new address.

Rant over.

This should probably be moved to letting off steam............

I used newaddress.ie when we moved in may and found the service excellent. I did get a few reminder texts and emails, which I found helpful.

I couldnt fault it.

Back