Using cavity fill insulation in drylining space??

J

jakartajim

I have an old house - most of it is sound. Big weakness from a heating point of view is an extension. The bottom level of the extension is mass concrete. The top floor of the extention was added on at a later stage - and is just hollow block.

Many years ago, this was drylined - but just drylined - no insulation. I'm now wondering if its practical to fill this void with some of this insulating beading?? Would this cause a problem with dampness??

If it is a runner, is there any way of doing this on a diy basis? I can just about (with great difficulty) access the drylining void from the attic. Is it possible to buy this stuff in smaller amounts? More importantly, is there a small pump availalbe to hire to get the stuff in there??

Getting one of these contractors out to do it is not an option as they charge way too much - and this is a very mall job...

I have the same question. Old farmhouse with stables converted. Dry lining seems to be stepped away from outside walls as they are irregular. No insulation but the plasterboard is foil backed. Can I fill the void with beads or something similar? Would this cause dampness?

Back