Using AI for Deposit Comparisons & AI Using AAM

Lightning

Registered User
Messages
5,918
Over the last few years, I have frequently checked to see if any of the AI models are any good at Irish deposit comparisons for lump sum deposits for instant access and notice accounts. I used a very detailed prompt to try to force the AI models to give a detailed accurate deposit comparison list of the top paying rates on a promo and non-promo basis.

All poor:
1. Claude - Sonnet 5 - Surprisingly poor - Old inaccurate information.
2. Z.AI - GLM-5 (GLM 5.2 was not available) - Wrong rates. Products not available in Ireland. Dates from 2 years ago. Total mess.
3. Kimi 2.6 (Kimi 3 was not available) - Products missing. Key conditions missing. Some rates wrong.

Okay:
4. ChatGPT - Free Model - Okay. Some rates were wrong but most right. Presentation of Raisin products was a total mess and inaccurate in parts. Lots of products are missing.

Good (and has got a lot better in recent times):
5. Google Gemini Flash 3.5 - Accurate rates. Accurate products. Gave reasonable justifications for excluding Advanzia, BluOR and Trading212 when challenged. Good sources. (Google did quote AAM along with 15+ other sources). But not fully comprehensive.

Then I checked Grok:
6. Grok - Wow!! Rates right. Products right. Conditions right. How? It took it all/nearly all from AskAboutMoney! Has Grok figured out that AskAboutMoney is the best source? :cool: :) or maybe it is just the prompt I used. Also, perhaps Gemini's approach of a mix of sources is a better approach.

Grok response:

Screenshot 2026-07-19 19.56.55.webp

Screenshot 2026-07-19 19.57.10.webp
 
@Lightning

It reminds me of a time one Saturday I was listening to the radio in the car.

This guy was explaining some financial topic. Very coherent. Very articulate. and most surprising of all, he was taking a different view from the consensus. I fully agreed with him but had no idea who he was.

And then the presenter said "that was Brendan Burgess on Drivetime on Tuesday explaining...."
 
Back
Top