Using a single electric blanket on a double bed

wishbone

So Mr and Mrs Wishbone have very different opinions on the temperature of the bedroom!

Mrs Wishbone likes it cold and can't handle the heat on, Mr Wishbone however grew up in a nice toasty house and wants the heat on. So after 20 years I'm thinking of getting him an electric blanket for Christmas (all heart!) - I don't want it and won't use it, is it OK to put a single blanket on the double bed or would I need one of those dual heating ones - bearing in mind the mattress is an irregular size...180cmx180cm.

A hot water bottle might do him of course...but it's Christmas...

Thanks for any advice.

Absolutely no problem. Only issue might be the strings that go under the mattress to hold the blanket in-place might need to be lengthened to get around a double mattress.

Nothing like the feeling of getting into a bed where an electric blanket has been on for an hour or two!!

You can get electric blankets that allow you to set different temperatures in each half of the bed.

Thanks everyone - I ended up going with a dual zone one as I was concerned about the single blanket moving around. Mr Wishbone is delighted with the new blanket!

Now I just have to stop him from using it and wasting all that electricity - joking!!

Back