Used car prices

FCBC12

Currently on the lookout for a used car, preferably a soon-to-be 2/3 year old so a 2020 or 2021.

Has anyone got recent (last 6 weeks) experience of purchasing a used car?
What is the current appetite within the industry, and in particular were you able to negotiate much of a discount off the advertised price?

Been in and out of a few big and small garages/salesrooms recently looking at cars. Got the impression they couldn't care less if we bought or not. Had their price and that was it, trade in price was at a low level when compared to buy and sell and carzone, etc. Hard to fathom everything out in the market and decided we're holding on to the car we have for now.

When we priced during the summer it was not worthwhile buying a 2nd car as the prices were so close to the new cars. Presumably you will wait till January as surely it would be mad to buy now and there will be so many more used cars available in January.

When we priced during the summer it was not worthwhile buying a 2nd car as the prices were so close to the new cars. Presumably you will wait till January as surely it would be mad to buy now and there will be so many more used cars available in January.
I've put it out of my head completely now. See where everything goes and thankfully don't need to sell as i've got a 019. It's just that I used to trade every 3 years or so. Hard to break habits I guess.

but new car production in Europe is restricted by the UKraine war because some of the electrical and wiring assemblies were produced in UKraine, it has especially affected German car makers. Therefore there wont be a big supply of new cars in January anyway, its all about supply not demand

but new car production in Europe is restricted by the UKraine war because some of the electrical and wiring assemblies were produced in UKraine, it has especially affected German car makers. Therefore there wont be a big supply of new cars in January anyway, its all about supply not demand
It was also impacted by the Chip shortage out of China although that issue has reduced in recent months.

Back