Use savings or take out a loan?

You need to have a realistic handle of the costs of college. Numbers bandied about are no good to you - you need a proper budget so you can time cashflow.

Include your daughter in that process. Understanding how to manage money is the most important aspect of her education.

Very good advice. You need to have an idea of rental costs. This is can be a how long is piece of string. Sharing a bedroom with 2/3 others all the way up to having her own place. How much are you willing to pay for rent and what will that get you...how close to the college, own room or sharing etc. And as it's your daughter who will be living there, it is up to her to find the place within the budget you give her.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Susan I've nothing to add to all of the sound advice you've already gotten on here.

I would like to say that you're very impressive in terms of your attitude and outlook and I wouldn't be in the least bit concerned for you.

As you were well aware yourself the Credit union Mgr was an odious little creature, unsuccessfully trying to condescend to you while railroading you into buying services on ridiculous pretexts just to make his figures look a little better.

I hope your husband makes a full recovery in the near term and wishing you and your family all the best for the future.

Back