usa to ireland adapter

Good morning All,
Has anybody known where can I buy the cheapest 2-pin to 3-pin plug adapter, or a company that can cut 2-pin plug off and fit 3-pin plug to my adapter, please ?
Thanks in advance
Nicky

A DS will not work with just a plug adapter - tried & tested as we sell these things - you need the dropdown transformer for American electrical items. About 20 euro - its quite a large block but will do the job nicely

Yes but this thread has gone all over the place and some people are talking about different things other than the original DS question now! Obviously snipping the plug off and wiring on a 3 pin plug only makes sense if the power supply is rated 100-250V or whatever. As I pointed out in my first post and the first reply in this thread.

I bought my DS Lite in the states, and I just bought the car charger adapter here in gamestop for around €10 and just charge it in the car, the battery lasts ages when charged anyway.

I bought a step-down transformer from Peats electrical shop to charge a Nintendo DS Lite bought in the U.S. Think it was about €27. I suspect that it would be possible to get them at a cheaper price. As far as I have been able to make out Clubman is right - you need the step-down transformer not just a plug adapter. Think it depends on the particular electrical item whether you need the transformer or not.

Back