US Total Market Index / FTSE Global All Cap

appd

Hello

I am interested in investing in either market tracking Index funds or EFTs.

I have found some Vanguard funds (VGTSX, VXUS, VTI) that track the following two indices:

CRSP US Total Market Index.
FTSE Global All Cap ex US Index

These indices together seem to give a good global spread, and a mix of large/mid cap companies.

Could anyone please tell me if there are any index funds provided by irish insurance companies or any eft's on platforms such as degiro that track these indices (available to irish investors)?

The vanguard funds have exposure to 10k+ individual companies and huge assets under management. but i don't see any way to buy these on degiro.

Many thanks

Last edited:
FTSE All-World UCITS ETF (Acc.) (VWRA) captures 95% of the global, publicly-traded equity universe.

It's a better idea to invest in a single EU-domiciled ETF outside a pension wrapper because you can't offset losses on one fund against gains on another.

Last edited:
Hi Sarenco,

You can purchase VWRA on a number of exchanges in Europe and in different currencies. Do you have a preference or could you recommend one?

I would like to invest in VWRA at some point but I don't understand which exchange in Europe is best to buy it from. I read about some exchanges not having enough Volume and so should be avoided and yet I have also read that the exchange you buy an eft from doesn't really matter.. I am trying to do my own research and learn about EFTs \ Exchanges \ Volume \ Volatility \ etc. but I am finding that when I think I have it down something else pops up which I don't understand and then have to go off and learn about. It's fun and interesting to do it, but I am constantly going down rabbit holes :) I would like to know what a good\safe exchange to buy from, what to avoid or even how I could judge what a "good" exchange is to buy an VWRA from. Any help or pointers would be great.

Thank you.

There shouldn't really be a material difference between exchanges from a liquidity perspective but it makes sense to choose a EUR share class to avoid currency conversion costs.

Back