US Shares

moneypenny

I have approx $20K in US shares available to sell this year as part of my work package. I am planning a career break next year. The share price is currently doing very well. I am wondering if I should sell now as the exchange rate may be weaker by next year? However I am in no desperate need for the money and so I could leave the investment though of course there is the risk of the share price falling...

I have approx $20K in US shares available to sell this year as part of my work package. I am planning a career break next year. The share price is currently doing very well. I am wondering if I should sell now as the exchange rate may be weaker by next year? However I am in no desperate need for the money and so I could leave the investment though of course there is the risk of the share price falling...
If you were to sell 50% of them you could cut your losses if the sell prices drop next year.

Two factors here.

1. Currency Speculation: Dollar looks weak in medium term, not goin yo bounce back.

2. Share Price: Don,t know share, you need to do your homework.

Depending on price of trade, maybe a good idea to sit money on sidelines if you see any drops (5-10%) in share price. Advice would depend on type of share.

I would leave the shares in your us account, i would not cash out and convert to euros, you could always sell the shares in your company and buy some other solid US blue chip, coca cola, american express, or even big railway stocks which buffet has been buying, the dollar has been falling for years however i still cannot see it falling much further against the euro, although i also thought this at $1.35, i think $1.50 and then stabilisation, the euro is not a rock solid bastion of stability the higher it goes the more likely countries will want to break free like spain, italy and ireland who are finding it impossible to live in it at these levels

Back