Upgrading to Sky HD package

Tired Paul

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone can answer this for me. Currently have Sky+ and we are getting the front room done up so have decided to get a new TV as well.
With the current Sky+ set up is there anything else I need (apart from the HD box). Just don't want the room finished and then realise that more drilling etc is required for additional cables. TV will staying in the same place where it is now.

Thanks,

I switched from sky+ to sky+ HD last year and no additional drilling or wiring was needed.

Edit: Just remembered - there will be a new HDMI cable from the sky HD box to the TV to replace the SCART cable that you probably have now.

I switched from sky+ to sky+ HD last year and no additional drilling or wiring was needed.

Edit: Just remembered - there will be a new HDMI cable from the sky HD box to the TV to replace the SCART cable that you probably have now.

Cheers for that. Time to start looking for a TV now.

You may be better off to cancel your existing package and take out a new one for the HD box as there tend to be better deals for a new customer than an upgrading one. No installation charge, free HD box, free standard box with 1/2 price multi-room for 12 months and a new dish. Happy days :)

If you use Aertel on your TV you won't have that available on the HD as you're now being connected through the HDMI cable.

Also, this is stating the obvious but you'll lose everything that you have Sky+ed on your current box.

You may be better off to cancel your existing package and take out a new one for the HD box as there tend to be better deals for a new customer than an upgrading one. No installation charge, free HD box, free standard box with 1/2 price multi-room for 12 months and a new dish. Happy days :)

Customers upgrading to HD are often given deals because it's a new contract (I got a free box and half-price for a few months when I upgraded).

Back