Health Insurance Upgrading basic policy to include private hospitals

mts

I currently have Laya Assure health for myself and 1 child. I am considering upgrading to include private hospitals for myself. VHI have suggested PM 3713 for me and One plus plan for the child. If I don't include private hospitals VHI suggested Company Plan starter.

I would appreciate any thoughts/advice as to what are the best options for me, its a minefield!

Thanks.

Hi mts,

The following plans are worth considering including public and private hospitals for yourself;
Adult Options;
1. One Plan 250; price 832pa; all public and private hospitals covered, private hospital excess 250 x 2 for all private hospital admissions per
year. Day case excess 150 per procedure. Note; there is no excess to pay in any public hospital.

2. Irish Life Benefit plan; price 899pa; all public and private hospitals covered, private hospital excess 200 per admission to a private hospital,
Day case excess 125 per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital. This plan has an option to include free travel insurance.

3. Laya Essential Health 300; price 895pa; all public and private hospitals covered, private hospital excess 300 x 2 per year for all admissions to
a private hospital(regardless of how many), day case excess 125 per procedure.

[broken link removed]

Child Options
Note; All childrens hospitals are public but the hi-tech hospitals Beacon, Mater Private and Blackrock Clinic offer a range of childrens surgery for
children aged 3 years and older.

1. Irish Life Nurture Plan; price 160pa; all public and private hospitals + Beacon hospital covered, private hospital excess 300 x 2 max per year, day case excess 75 per procedure.

2. VHI Start Plan; price 103pa; a selected list of public hospitals covered on this plan including the 3 childrens hospitals in Dublin. You would need to check the list of hospitals covered to ensure some suit your location.

3. VHI One + Plan; price 209pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private hospital excess 125 for admissions and day case
procedures.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back