Update on Ulster Bank withdrawal

I have a few old and redundant UB accounts which they contacted me about recently. I tried to close them years ago. I went to the branch and they told me that they were online accounts so I had to call some number..I called the number and they told me that I had to go to a branch. I gave up. If they couldn't close them then I can only imagine what they'll do in the current circumstances.... :rolleyes:

I have a few old and redundant UB accounts which they contacted me about recently. I tried to close them years ago. I went to the branch and they told me that they were online accounts so I had to call some number..I called the number and they told me that I had to go to a branch. I gave up. If they couldn't close them then I can only imagine what they'll do in the current circumstances.... :rolleyes:
They have actually started closing these via the form. I finally got some of these closed a few weeks back which the branch, telephone support, or numerous letters couldn't close. One did take two attempts as they won't action the close if you put your UB current account in as the destination for excess funds.

They have actually started closing these via the form.
Thanks, but no use to me it seems...

Screenshot_20221013-115901.png

Thanks @ryaner - I might try that just to get shot of these accounts once and for all. Although if I do nothing then it'll probably be just the same. If there's anything in any of these accounts then it's a few cents at most.

I tried the paper form -- didn't work as apparently they "tried to contact me" because the account value was above 10k. Tried going to a branch, but couldn't even spot a single employee, presumably they were all off doing something for the grand total of two customers who were dawdling at counters. Noticed a booklet in the branch with the account closure number to ring. Did that and got it sorted, although it took two attempts as even after closure the money didn't arrive in the destination account.

I still have a cheque book. I will write a cheque for the balance in my account.....reducing it to a "nil" balance. Then instruct them to close it. If they do they do and if they don't then it's their problem.

Back