Bank of Ireland Update on Bank of Ireland staff who lost trackers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be getting too upset . The Central Bank and Padraic Kissane are well aware of the intricacies here . Try and put letters of offer ,MFAs and legitimate expectations aside for a while . An overarching fact is that it was Bank policy at least until September 2008 that staff mortgages would be offered at the rate that was being given to the best customers . revenue were aware of this and did not have an issue with the policy . it would not be possible for the Bank to retrospectively change this policy . This whole affair is like a 10000 metres race where they crawled for the first 23 laps and the Sprint is on for the last 2 laps .if you haven't done it already sign up with Padraic .

@Pinesky..I hope you're right. Very happy to sign up to Padraic although as you can imagine he's a little hard to get through to at the moment. In my book, if I get paid, I'll be paying him his fee anyway even if I don't get to officially engage beforehand. We wouldn't be where we are without him.

@TMH2017 I'm getting mixed messages. Originally told not in the 6000. Then another agent told me that that the lists that they have are only for those who have been written to already, or those for whom letters are drafted and due to go out, and that there are still cases that they haven't been through. I find it strange that Francesca could quote a number of cases (6000) without knowing who's in it. I remain pessimistic and think I'll have to fight on.
In fairness to those who are on the call team, they are only being told who is getting a letter. As you say, they are not privy to the logic of who is impacted and who isn't, so to answer your question, they didn't give me any logic.

It’ll be very interesting to see what they say this time around. They’re dragging their heels issuing any correspondence to those of us who have received verbal indications that we are part of the redress programme but I’ve heard that those who always had a tracker but their margin was incorrect have received their redress letters already.

Just an update .
I called today to see was there any further details and was told that I am not in the list of 6000.Apparently the tracker team have access to spreadsheet containing these names ....so now you can call and find out whether or not your impacted.More cases may be added as the review continues .This list became available on 20th November.Would be interested to see has anyone else on this channel received same verbal information as I have got conflicting information all along from tracker section of BOI.
I am not in the 6000 cases identified despite meeting the criteria ie drewdown as tracker,went to staff variable in 06 and never received an options letter to go back to tracker.
I have no doubt I will be added to the spreadsheet but its likely to be well into next year before this happens now.
The level of transparency and service around the whole process is a joke

Tracks123 Im BOI also and was told last week over the phone that I am affected but nothing in the post yet. They keep telling me that everyone affected will get a letter by year end

I was on to them two weeks ago and advised I was in scope to have account checked but no further info available at the time. I rang again this morning and have now been advised that yes my account was one of those affected and I would have a letter soon. So I would say just keep checking with them.

I am one of the 1800 staff affected and am delighted to say that finally after nine long years my mortgages have reverted back to trackers today. I have been in touch with a number of other staff who have also got their trackers returned. I cannot believe it is finally over. Well done to Francesca Mc Donagh and good riddance to Richie Boucher, if he was still at the helm I doubt very much I would be celebrating today. I cannot speak highly enough of Padraic Kissane without whom this victory would not have been possible. He has spent the past nine years fighting this case and I'm sure like myself must have felt in despair on several occasions but he never gave up. I hope that every staff member who has got their trackers returned will ensure that he is fully recompensed for the work he had done on our behalf. Happy Christmas everyone

Great news @MAX01 and also hearing from other staff that they have been restored to Tracker today.

I share your views in respect of Padraig Kissane as I am certain that we would not have had this outcome without his tireless campaigning and highlighting the plight of individual borrowers. He absolutely deserves to be compensated for his work and hope that when people are redressed , even if they hadn’t previously engaged him, that they make some financial recompense to him in recognition of all that he has done.

I phoned up today and received confirmation that I am included and would be returning to tracker @ 0.95% compared to my current 4.99%! I am really annoyed how I have been treated on this over the last 9 years and heads have to roll at the top. Letters are going out daily over the next week to the affected 6000. These letters will confirm you are going back on tracker and at what rate. A further letter will issue in about two weeks detailing refund of interest, redress etc. Hope this helps...........

Delighted for everyone that has confirmation received and hopefully all will receive confirmation soon. We were told last week on phone we are to be included also. She said there was two waves of letters going out and we were in the second wave. She did say if we didn’t want to wait for the letter we could ring this Friday and find out the calculations over the phone so I intend to do this. We were on 0.85 tracker and currently paying 4% so it’s massive difference for us. I’m also angry though how we were treated over the last 9 years. It was so tough to pay that mortgage and we got zero compassion or assistance from the Bank even when we met them to show how much we were struggling.. we got quizzed on why my child had such high medical costs .. blood boiling stuff !

Delighted u got urs back Do u know is it only staff that are getting them back thou?? I'm a BOI customer & im sick of ringing the Helpline, to be told the same old thing

What happens if you have since sold the house and bought again using a different mortgage provider. Ae you now entitled to go back to BOI on the tracker rate?

Right, for all your would be accountants, any idea how we work out what we are owed. I don't want to be adding a few zero's on in my mind, catch my drift?

Everyone seems to be told a diff story when they ring. I was told 2 weeks ago that I'm affected and should here soon, no letter have issued since first tranche went out over 3 weeks ago or so I'm told
I'm Boi so def getting a diff story each time I ring
Anyone feel the same

I called again this morning and seems like all the staff still with mortgages are being written too first to put them back on trackers. Then the compo letters with breakdowns etc will follow.

I checked my account today and I’m back on my tracker I can’t believe it after 9 years of heartache we’re finally there. Never thought I’d see the day but like so many of you have said I’m so angry now at everything we suffered during that time and it was all preventable and unnecessary. Called them then to see what the call centre would say & was told I’d get a letter confirming my return to tracker in the next day or so but the time frame on actual refund is still undetermined but that it will be before xmas. We’ll receive a 14 page document that will go through all options in detail. @PadKiss we owe it all to you

Congrats must have been amazing to see tracker back... our full amount came out this month hopefully next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back