UPC TV or Satellite Dish?

yes, by pass the upc box and connect the tv directly to the upc cable that was going into the back of the upc box (uhf socket).

So is there still a TV signal running through the old analogue cable in to the house. If I notify UPC that I no longer wish to be a customer they will disconnect my service from their end but I will still receive a signal that I can pick up or enhance using some sort of equipment at my end?

Worth remembering that there is no guarantee as to how long such a service may continue to be available.

So is there still a TV signal running through the old analogue cable in to the house. If I notify UPC that I no longer wish to be a customer they will disconnect my service from their end but I will still receive a signal that I can pick up or enhance using some sort of equipment at my end?

There's usually a distribution box locally, often fixed to the eaves of the house. If they're working in your area, they might physically disconnect your connection.

There's usually a distribution box locally, often fixed to the eaves of the house. If they're working in your area, they might physically disconnect your connection.

All the cables running in to our house for every service are underground. I often wondered where the UPC distribution box is located.

All the cables running in to our house for every service are underground. I often wondered where the UPC distribution box is located.

In that case it'll be in a cabinet somewhere at ground/underground level.

Back