UPC - broadband down when TV turned on!

States

I'm having a problem with my UPC service and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
My internet connection is lost when I turn on my TV and despite rebooting the wireless router I don't get much joy.
I have broadband TV & Phone with UPC and obviously these all connect via the same cables so I'm guessing that there may be a problem with the cables. Anyone had this problem and a possible solution?

Thanks

I had a similar problem yesterday. i was on the internet one minute but then made a phone call and during that lost the internet and haven't been able to get it working since. I havent tried today as i'm in work but i wonder if it is a UPC issue?

I also have broadband. TV & Phone with UPC

@Complainer - how long did it take them to replace the modem? Did they post it out or did they send someone out ?
Thanks

Hi States, UPC send their modems out by courier so someone would need to sign for it. I got a new one off them on Saturday and I only called them in Thursday, so 1 to 2 day wait is what they are saying.

Bear

A day or two - I think they sent a guy out after I kicked up a bit of a fuss. I think I also managed to get them to upgrade me to a wireless modem, though I had only ordered and paid for the non-wireless one.

Thanks all for your feedback. I'll give them a call and get a new one from them. Do they send out the same make & model or a better one?

They'll probably send out whatever their current model is, or whatever current model the guy happens to have in his van!

Just an update on this. The problem seems to have sorted itself out since I last posted...so I'm guessing it was not a modem but rather a UPC service issue.
I'm looking now to access my modem to make changes and cannot remember what my user name & p/w was when I set it up! Any ideas as to how I might reset these?
Thanks again.

Back