Unpaid Maternity Leave - Implications for Statutory Redundancy + Jobseekers Benefit

kimkim

I have just been made redundant, complete bolt out of the blue, and know very little about what to do next. I have read your key post 'Guide for Unemployed People' and found it very useful. However, I just have a few queries about my entitlements...

I took the additional 16 weeks unpaid maternity leave last year (on top of the 26 weeks paid) - how will this affect both my statutory redundancy payment and Jobseekers benefit?

Also, is the JB means-tested? My husband works so will this be taken into account?

Finally, I have been working part time (3 day week) for the last 4 years, and full time for the 2 previous years. Will this be taken into account when calculating my redundancy payment?

Many thanks.

Kimkim

Re: Unpaid Maternity Leave - Implications for Statutory Redundancy + Jobseekers Benef

JB is not means tested and you should sign on immediately. Print off and complete the application form for JB before going to SW

Your redundancy payment will be based on your 3 day week

Re: Unpaid Maternity Leave - Implications for Statutory Redundancy + Jobseekers Benef

Thanks for your reply Black Sheep.

Back