Unlock Iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwestave

Just so happened to find an Iphone whilst walking through paris which had a number lock on therefore I cannot access it... any ideas of what to do... restore unlock would be my choice but i havnt a clue where to start...

Seriously, you won't be able to do the restore without the unlock. Are there any other markers that would help you find the owner?

Perhaps if you contact Apple they'd be able to contact the owner via the iTunes account its synch'ed too. I assume it has a unique IEMI number.

Seriously, you won't be able to do the restore without the unlock.
No true!!!!
You just need to put the phone into DFU mode first

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.
Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.
Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iphone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.
Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

Once thats done connect to itunes & you will be prompted to restore.
Then follow my previous link to activate & remove the carrier restrictions.

"Perhaps if you contact Apple they'd be able to contact the owner via the iTunes account its synch'ed too. I assume it has a unique IEMI number."

Are you having a laugh :)

Yes there are nice people in the world.... finding cash in a wallet is completely different to finding a phone in a different country....
I totally agree with handing stuff in (wallets, purses etc) but I believe that if I lost my phone I wouldn't be that bothered, its only the sim card that is the annoying part..numbers etc.... You have to learn lessons in life... losing an iphone means you need to learn to keep it safe, wherever you are from...

Finding the owner is the Apple thing to do. :) There's no excuse for not handing over a phone, as its owner can be so easily found from the sim card. Keeping it is dishonest.

Yes there are nice people in the world.... finding cash in a wallet is completely different to finding a phone in a different country....
I totally agree with handing stuff in

1. Its no different than finding a wallet
2. You obviously dont as someone has shown you a potential way of getting it back to the owner.

What goes around comes around.

why didn't you hand it in in paris? to teach someone a lesson? well hopefully someone will teach you a lesson regarding your possessions soon.

ok end of this.... only when you find something can you decide to hand it in or not.. I have decided not to and when you find something then decide for yourselves.... I agree handing it in is the 'right thing' to do but I am not doing it...
If I lose my possessions then that is completely my fault... I will learn to take care of my belongings... lesson of life...

Hi Jwestave. You should check out www.iclarified.com as it gives all the tutorials and tells you where to get the software to unlock and activate the iphone. It's fairly easy. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back