Unknown PayPal transactions

onway

2 unknown PayPal transactions have shown up on my credit card bill - both for €1.50.Thay have not shown up on my PayPal account and PayPal say they have no knowledge of them.My bank told me to go to PayPal for more information but they say they have no knowledge of them.....what should I do next?

1.50 sounds like the card verification amounts that they deduct from your credit card, in order for you to verify your account and your card.

What is the name of the 'debitor'... is it Paypal itself or another username?

1.50 sounds like the card verification amounts that they deduct from your credit card, in order for you to verify your account and your card.

What is the name of the 'debitor'... is it Paypal itself or another username?

Be very careful on this one , scammers can try very small amounts on credit cards to check they are active before doing big withdrawals.

You should know by the debiting name though ie. Paypal as opposed to something else

Be very careful on this one , scammers can try very small amounts on credit cards to check they are active before doing big withdrawals.

Very true. When I had internet fraud on my Visa card they pushed through a few very small charges for a day and then raised them very quickly but I cancelled the card on the second day. This was a long time ago.

I recently put through a €2.00 on-line purchase for a trial on a computer game and Visa blocked my card until they cleared it with me. Fair dues to them because they rang me immediately.

The €1.50 does sound lsimilar to the verification charge.

Interestingly, I can see PayPal refunding my 'Verified' payment on my PayPal Account Activity, but cannot see the payment going out.

Does it have a 4 digit number preceding the amount? Did you apply to be 'verified' by PayPal?

If PayPal are saying that they did not initiate the transaction, then you need to get back onto your bank and tell them to cancel your card IMHO.

Sounds like this - scammers verifiying that they can use your card before going on a large spending spree. Contact your credit card company immediately, ask to verify any transactions carried out since your last bill and get the card cancelled and new one reissued.

Back