unemployment assistance

Hi Folks,
Just a quick question that I hope you can help me with. My wife has been on Unemployment benefit (stamps) for the past 15 mths after being made redundent. After ringing the social welfare office they informed her that as I - her husband was earning more than 450euro a week, she will not be entitled to any unemployment assistance (dole). Is this the case or is there other benefits that she can apply for. I earn approx 650euro a week.

Do you mean that her non means tested PRSI linked Jobseekers Benefit has run out and now she needs to try for Jobseekers Allowance but fails the means test? Full details on the means test are available here. SW should be able to tell her if she is entitled to anything else.

What do you mean? PRSI credits or something else? Something that will put money in her hand or into her PRSI "account"?

Thanks for your replies,unfortunatly looking for work at the moment is not an option with three children under 5,creche fees aprox 2200pm.

For as long as she was/is not genuinely available for and seeking work then she was/is not entitled to Jobseeker Benefit/Assistance in the first place!

When i said looking for work not an option, what i should have said was work was not an option for the near future as salary would be less than childcare.

Back