Unemployed seeks relationship with credit card.

Havsom Cents

Would it be difficult to qualify for a basic credit card when I am unemployed.
I have had a lazer card the past 5 months.I wish to try and start some kind of enterprise with ebay.Bogged down without a credit card facility.Please advise.

It's not likely, but I would chance going to your own bank first and see what they would say. How's your credit history etc??

:confused: Thanks for your response Barney,My credit rating seems to be so,so.I actually did apply for a visa card with PTSB (my bank) and in the source of income section,I stated the amount and status as other (not student,self employed or employee.......just other ).
Now they seem to have totally ignored my application status and are dealing with me as
my previous self employed status..........and they want accounts and tax certs etc.
Is this normal? ............I just want to trade on ebay!!

You'll probably pay more for it in charges etc. and you don't get any credit but you can get a prepaid card from PTSB.

[broken link removed]

Thankyou very much d..099.Thats the information that will get me started.Im going to consider you for my ''buddy list'' ..........if thats ok with you that is?

You cannot credit funds to a prepaid account, so if you are trading in that your are selling then a prepaid credit card will not be acceptabe to Ebay.

You should however be able to use it for purchase's.

Back