Wrong forum Unemployed married couple - expected S.W. payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chatterbox

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Hey guys![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Just wondering what would be the payment expectation for a married couple under 21?[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]A newly married couple recently moved in next door, she's just relocated from Dublin and his more or less local, both were childhood sweethearts, 19 and without children. Personally I cant imagine being married at 25 never mind 19! Anyways before I degress any further they've both being unemployed now for 10 months and have a total of 230 coming in from the social each week.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Is this fair or are they being under paid? As I had heard that the average single social welfare amount was just under 200 for a single person, while I would expect there to be a difference due to the partnership but -170 seems somewhat unreasonable.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Any help what so ever would be greatly appreciated as they seem to be having a terrible time with bills and such.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, cursive]Many thanks.[/FONT]

If the person claiming Jobseekers is aged under 20, and the payment is Jobseeker's Allowance (not PRSI based) then the maximum payment is 200 euro for the couple. This will change to full rate (which will be 326.10 for a couple at Jan 2010 rates) when the person claiming JA reaches their 20th birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back