unemployed 4 years possible job but no p45

ney001

Hi there

Husband was in building trade and it went bust, he never got a p45 from employer at the time, he then was able to claim jsb for 9 months but then was cut off due to my earnings. So, he has been unemployed for four years but not entitled to anything. He now may possibly have a job - what does he do re p45? i.e he doesn't have one for the past four years.

No problem. When he starts work his employer and himself will complete a form 12A. That will get him his tax credits. If he does this asap he will get it back in time so he doesn't get charged emergency tax.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/e..._job/starting_work/tax_and_starting_work.html

Ariidae - thanks so much for that, I thought it would be a big deal. One other question, I am currently claiming his tax credits as he has been unemployed, do I need to do anything there?? i.e get my employer to return his credits etc??

Hi there

Husband was in building trade and it went bust, he never got a p45 from employer at the time, he then was able to claim jsb for 9 months but then was cut off due to my earnings. So, he has been unemployed for four years but not entitled to anything. He now may possibly have a job - what does he do re p45? i.e he doesn't have one for the past four years.

Hi,

just a query about his JSB being cut 4 years or so ago due to your earnings.

Surely JSB was/is not means tested?

yes, I can't actually remember whether it was jsb or jsa but he was entitled to it for 180 days after which he qualified for nothing as my earnings were taken into account. He has qualified for nothing since

appreciate that! it is a long time on one wage with a decent mortgage as well!

Fingers crossed

Back