Under stair storage

A relative, who was handy, built my understairs drawers years ago; one of the best things I've ever had done.

Timber prices are bonkers right now; I still think its a great use of the space though.

This is a very expensive way of getting limited additional storage space, imho....

Sure, it looks nice and smart, but seriously, it's far too expensive, for what you get.
€1200 for a carpenter to fit 5 half doors, and then fit adjustable shelving yourself is not expensive

€1200 for a carpenter to fit 5 half doors, and then fit adjustable shelving yourself is not expensive
I was referring to the cost, versus the return, in terms of additional space gained.

€1,200 upwards for (say) a half dozen small shoe racks, on pull out shelves, or perhaps the equivalent storage to a single wardrobe's capacity, is way too much money.

is way too much money.
To someone with lots of storage, absolutely. However, if you're low on space and want somewhere practical to store things you want to get at without pulling a load of other stuff out of the way to get at, €1,200 could represent very good value. I know in my last place I ended moving the vacuum and boxes of other stuff out from under the stairs to get at the stuff further in all too often.

Back