Under investigation: living with partner while claiming lone parents & rent allowance

I honestly hope the judge finds the biggest book he has and goes up a stepladder to throw it at u, as a father of 2 with another one on the way, my wife does not get 1c for social welfare nor do I, yet still have to see a big chunk of my basic wage been taken in tax to keep con artists in their comfy little bubble,I fully support genuine cases getting it but not cheats, I don't even do overtime anymore as it's not worth it and god knows I could do with it, I have no pity for you,and if you are in a position to pay it back why did you claim it, let's be honest here, if you were not caught you would not be asking how to repay it. You got caught and the game is up, just like you took what you were given from the state, take what the state is about to give you now, and don't expect an easy ride because the law has to and will show no pity.

How incredibly judgemental. I work and pay taxes but I also have sympathy for people who make mistakes.

Unfortunately, this type of abuse of the system seems to be rife. As a landlord, most of the tenants I have had on rent allowances (lone parent's etc.) have had their partners living with them. Some of my friends who are letting properties have also found the same. The country is broke and the taxpayer is footing the bill for all of this. I blame the government for creating such a scheme and there doesn't seem to be the political will tackle it. I doubt there is the manpower in the Department of Social Protection to tackle the enormity of the problem.

Unfortunately, this type of abuse of the system seems to be rife. As a landlord, most of the tenants I have had on rent allowances (lone parent's etc.) have had their partners living with them. Some of my friends who are letting properties have also found the same. The country is broke and the taxpayer is footing the bill for all of this. I blame the government for creating such a scheme and there doesn't seem to be the political will tackle it. I doubt there is the manpower in the Department of Social Protection to tackle the enormity of the problem.

Report them.

Back