unable to transfer downloaded songs from itunes

loll

hi i have downloaded songs from itunes and when i go to transfer them onto my ipod i am getting a message saying i am not permitted to play these songs. can anyone advise me how to solve this problem, i had previously been able to do this!! thanks

Hi loll

what is that the exact message that pops up?

Were they defo purchased from itunes?

let me know and ill get back to you

Edit :I was just reading about this issue elsewhere - not too much info on it except the only solution I spotted was to burn your purchased songs to CD and then rip them back into the library as this removes and "digital rights or any stuff like that". Its a pain but the only solution I have spotted.

Last edited:
Hi loll
the only solution I spotted was to burn your purchased songs to CD and then rip them back into the library as this removes and "digital rights or any stuff like that". Its a pain but the only solution I have spotted.

The OP said they were using an iPod so DRM shouldn't be the problem unless they were actually using a non-Apple MP3 player.

i just get a message saying you are not permited to play this song. it is an apple ipod video and yes they are purchased from itunes!! its driving me mad!!!!

Is it asking for a password or anything like that?

If you google the exact message you are getting im sure you will find an answer on an apple related forum somewhere - there are loads of them.

i will try to do it again this evening and will mail you the message thank you bosshog

Back