UlsterBank and retention issues

Chris2014

I've gone sale agreed on a terraced house on a street where id say every second house has knocked their front wall so they can park in the garden. This house has had the same work done.

The solicitor rang me and said it may cause problems with the sale but i'd like to know peoples experience with similar issues while working with UlsterBank. Solicitor said they may still give the funds and i can get it done at a later date or they may insist it's sorted out.

Anyone have experience with small retention issues and UlsterBank.

Has anyone else in the area sough and received retention for similar changes? You should be able to find all that on your LA's website.

Banks are getting more cautious lending where there is unauthorised development, and local authorities are getting stricter on parking density as per their development plans. The bank will be concerned about the affect on the value if the retention application is rejected.

Yeah she has another client on the street who had to get retention for a wall and a small side extension.

The house im buying just has the wall issue.

I'm wondering would the bank allow the sale with the issue of just the wall as its not as bad as having an extension.

I'm wondering would the bank allow the sale with the issue of just the wall as its not as bad as having an extension.

In many cases it might be easier get permission for an extension than it would to create off-street parking.

Back