Ulster Bank's proposal to deal with offset mortgages

Got one of the standard 3 monthly statement type letters today that shows I paid 2.93 in interest! :rolleyes: A bit confusing as if I did where did they get it from, I was fully offset and haven't paid interest in years, in fact far in excess and then I cleared it all. I can't be bothered trying to even figure it out or ring them, assume it will just go away lol
Very strange! It looks like your account has only recently been closed and not in February as you thought.. I received a similar statement immediately after my official closure date of February 23rd. The only additional money out of the account was the admin fee of €38. I was in a similar situation.. fully offset etc…

Very strange! It looks like your account has only recently been closed and not in February as you thought.. I received a similar statement immediately after my official closure date of February 23rd. The only additional money out of the account was the admin fee of €38. I was in a similar situation.. fully offset etc…
They gave me back that €38 too, don't know what that was about, why add it on just to give it back! The transfer of the money went through back in February, maybe the refunding of the €38 delayed the official closure or something or other.

They're a bit all over the place. Who ever you talk to there has different information. Like how long the deeds will take .. Or anyone else been charged transaction fees all of a sudden?

They're a bit all over the place. Who ever you talk to there has different information. Like how long the deeds will take .. Or anyone else been charged transaction fees all of a sudden?
All over the place is an understatement. I had to make 3 calls to get them to do a simple transfer that they said they were going to do back in Feb. The bottleneck seems to be on the offset team, even the normal Mortgage support folks were perplexed why it was taking so long and were advising me to make a complaint against the offset team if I continued to get no joy out of them

Back