Dilosck / ICS to buy Ulster Bank Offset Mortgages

From the article;

“The off-set structure made the mortgages challenging to sell until Ulster Bank unpicked those contracts over the past year by making a one-off payment to borrowers who agreed to exit that element of the contract.”

I don’t remember agreeing to anything of the sort

Last edited:
I think the "agreement" came in the form of accepting the payment in whatever amount it was offered and returning the indemnity forms. I wonder though, what this means for the borrowers who haven't accepted the offer and agreed to exit the contract?

I think the "agreement" came in the form of accepting the payment in whatever amount it was offered and returning the indemnity forms. I wonder though, what this means for the borrowers who haven't accepted the offer and agreed to exit the contract?
Hi Target, what indemnity forms were those? I didn’t sign any forms myself. The payment was made into my account regardless, and I think even Ulster Bank said themselves that people were still entitled to challenge the process even if they got the goodwill payment.

The article is just badly worded in this case.

Hi Target, what indemnity forms were those? I didn’t sign any forms myself. The payment was made into my account regardless, and I think even Ulster Bank said themselves that people were still entitled to challenge the process even if they got the goodwill payment.

The article is just badly worded in this case.
That's interesting. I got two indemnity forms in the post along with my letter of offer. Basically, I accept the above in full and final settlement etc etc

From the article;

“The off-set structure made the mortgages challenging to sell until Ulster Bank unpicked those contracts over the past year by making a one-off payment to borrowers who agreed to exit that element of the contract.”

I don’t remember agreeing to anything of the sort
Correct, nothing was agreed. They gave us money and then said 'we're closing the accounts!'. There was no agreement from me. I've submitted a complaint to the FSPO so we'll see what happens.

Back