Ulster bank to pull out ?

Nat West have denied any such discussions with Cerberus are ongoing. What is not clear from what I can see is who called the meeting with UB management, the bank or the Minister

I would guess the minister is either being given a heads up on the pending exit announcement or the minister wants to be able to show that he did everything he could to save Ulster Bank.

I do hope they do not close as we need as much competition as possible.
Alot of Ulster Bank branches have been closed and mobile units are used down the country.
I have been with them since First Active years and found them good compared to the two pillar banks. Now one of the pillar banks are going to charge 5euros a month to hold a current account shortly. If Ulster Bank leaves we will be charged even more.

We currently have a mortgage loan offer from Ulster and intend to draw down.
Anyone else in a similar position and should we be concerned?
What are your timelines like? If you're going to draw down in weeks keep going. If You've longer why not get loan approval from a second bank. It costs nothing and could give you peace of mind

I'm speculating on speculation but I doubt they'll be pulling the shutters down straight away. They will likely honour any existing mortgage approval in the short term.

Great to hear no change to mortgage and can hold onto tracker mortgage.
Just heard on the news that Nat West are still reviewing the future of Ulster Bank so it looks like they will be here for a while yet. Will not be rushing to change banks yet.

any decision to come out of the market could take sometime, would suspect they'll look to offload as many NPF as possible

If it’s the same situation as when Danske left the country in 2014, they will sell the entire loan book to a fund, performing & non performing.
I sincerely hope this isn’t the case for UB customers.

My NIB/Danske mortgage was sold to Goldman Sachs, serviced by Pepper.

I now have an UB mortgage!!!

Back