Ulster Bank to AIB - Issues

newbie2009

Hi all
I am currently waiting on my Mortgage Interest Statement from AIB (obv in order to apply for the tax rebate). I called AIB last week, and they advised that they were having some issues with the UB trackers that transferred to AIB.
I raised concerns regarding my mortgage balance online not reducing, but increasing - they advised that the online app is not updated in a timely manner yet, and also that no previous transactions are visible on the app yet either. I checked the app later that day and noted that the balance had reduced, but again this morning is back up again to the original amount!
Has anyone else in my position (1) got their mortgage interest statement (2) got their banking online/mortgage statements sorted?

Thanks a million

I spoke to them today and our mortgage balance has increased since August. We need a mortgage statement as looking to move house and doing the homework on other mortgage providers and they can't provide one. They will be sending the annual statement for the interest credits 'very soon' but I was told that 2 weeks ago as well. No online access to your account and they asked if i wanted to make a complaint so i said yes. We also had 2 letters in August and January saying we were in arrears that they took weeks to come back to me on to say they were errors. It's really not a great service from them since the move.

I spoke to them today and our mortgage balance has increased since August. We need a mortgage statement as looking to move house and doing the homework on other mortgage providers and they can't provide one. They will be sending the annual statement for the interest credits 'very soon' but I was told that 2 weeks ago as well. No online access to your account and they asked if i wanted to make a complaint so i said yes. We also had 2 letters in August and January saying we were in arrears that they took weeks to come back to me on to say they were errors. It's really not a great service from them since the move.
Hi Fouryears,
Are you any further on? I still have no statement, and my balance remains incorrect. I note now that there is an automated message on their mortgage line saying that they are issuing mortgage statements in the coming weeks. :confused:

Not much further on really I'm afraid. We got a doc stating current balance and repayments to satisfy the mortgage broker which they can match off the payments from our bank and solicitor also got a doc confirming the same and also the redemption amount but it's different to the mortgage balance they quoted him by 500 quid and no daily accrual given so they were fairly incredulous at aib re ulster Bank loans citing it as an extraordinary way of dealing with the portfolio. The solicitor said they had 'already made a protest re a similar case' - I assume they mean a complaint?!
Aib systems seem archaic and not fit for purpose. Its worrying.

Back