Ulster Bank Student Overdraft

C

cheerio

Does anyone have any experience with the Ulster Bank student overdraft? I'm just finished my second year in college and I've had no luck getting a summer job. I'll be living at home for the summer but I'll need some pocket money to get by and my parents have said they can't afford to lend me money. Next year is my final year in college and I'd prefer not to have to work during the year so I'm looking for something that I won't have to pay back until I graduate. I'll only need about 600 euro I'd say. Ulster Bank offers an interest-free overdraft, and I read somewhere that it doesn't have to be paid back until a year after you graduate, does anyone know if this is the case? I'm currently with Bank of Ireland but as far as I know they don't offer anything like this.

I'm not aware of having to pay the overdraft back a year after graduation. My son graduated some 4 - 5 years ago and STILL has the overdraft. The bank never questioned him and he didn't volunteer. He has never gone over the overdraft though. My daughter is graduating this year and has no intention of informing the bank as it is on their records and up to them to withdraw it. Hope this is of some help. Good luck next year.

Back