Ulster Bank Special Interest Deposit Acc

i think they coped onto it.....anything that is deposited over 1k in one go does not have the interest credited to it.

discover101,

What makes you think they pay zero inteest on amounts deposited over 1K?
I thought you received your interest?

Hmmm I've just been in UB enquiring about this account and they told me it was paying 4% up to €15000 and a lower rate would apply if it exceeded the €15k

Hmmm I've just been in UB enquiring about this account and they told me it was paying 4% up to €15000 and a lower rate would apply if it exceeded the €15k

This not my understanding. From here it is clear that it is (now) 3.5% up to €15K and 1.5% for the balance above this amount.

It is my understanding that when the interest is paid, it will be something like 340 days at 4% and 26 days at 3.5% for the first €15K and 1.5% above this, all interest subject to DIRT. Am I correct? Anything else would be nothing short of a bait and switch by UB and will see me onto the Ombudsman toot sweet!!

Last edited:
Hi All,
Does anyone else have this account? I thought the interest was due today but doesn't seem to be there.

digweed

Hi All,
Does anyone else have this account? I thought the interest was due today but doesn't seem to be there.

digweed

I was expecting it today too, but nothing yet.

Will wait until tomorrow.

Last year, it was paid in on October 28th.

Came on here to ask this question. Glad I'm not the only one waiting for interest to be paid...

Can you make a non standing order transfer into this account?

Say i want to transfer 750e from my current account into this account.

Back