Ulster Ulster Bank refused tracker after fixed rate period -Ombudsman gave it back to me

Just to add the wording of the letter will have nothing to do with UB's decision. I wrote both my letter and my friends letter, both were identical and she got hers back without FSO involvement while I didint

Just to add the wording of the letter will have nothing to do with UB's decision. I wrote both my letter and my friends letter, both were identical and she got hers back without FSO involvement while I didint

Hi Peteb

I'm going through the same thing by any chance would you have a copy of the letter you gave the bank and the ombudsman I've been looking on the internet the last while and came across this its brilliant that you got your tracker back I don't really know how to go about the whole thing if you could send it on that would be great we can't let the banks get away with this

Hi there I just came across this and find myself in the same boat any chance I could get a copy of the letter, I am going to put it up to them and see how I get on. Are people having much success with this I wonder

Its the only one document I can't actually find. But its really just a simple letter to start the process outlining your position without bringing emotion and unreasonableness on the part of the bank into it.. Because they are never going to acknowledge from the start that they are wrong. Despite their ongoing CB review!

@peteb "He goes onto he found the dual terminology used by the bank confusing and quotes a number of paragraphs that I can include if necessary but in essence he then states" (Nov 2013)

I wonder could you please elaborate on the "dual terminology" used by the bank.

Happy for you you got your tracker back in 2013 well done ! Appreciate your help

I havent got the letter to hand but it was the use of the the words they described the rate as "home loan rate".

@peteb Many thanks for your post. We are in a similar position and only last week received a final response. We will now most probably go to the ombudsman. It has been a real struggle. Would you be kind enough to share the letter you sent to the Ombudsman with us that gave you success.

Best. I am happy for you to send this to me privately if that helps.

Thanks in advance.
Kamran

Kamran

This is an oldish thread. A lot of these cases were settled as part of the industry wide tracker review.

I suggest you start a new thread setting out the details of your case.

Brendan

Hi Peteb,

Firstly, my apologies for contacting you out of the blue but I was wondering if you could provide any information that might help me in my case against Ulster Bank. My case sounds very similar to yours minus the payment holiday bit. I fixed in 2007 for 2 years and in 2009 was not offered back my Tracker. My original mortgage was taken out on an ECB +0.75% rate and as you mentioned my fixed rate authority also mentions the "Ulster Bank Home Loan Rate" on expiry of the fixed rate. My complaint was refused mediation by the bank and the Obudsman has already sent a series of questions to the bank and the bank has replied outlining their case. I need to formulate my response back to them now so if there is anything you could provide that might help I would really appreciate it. Thanks. John

Last edited: