Key Post Ulster Bank refused tracker after fixed rate period -Ombudsman gave it back to me

Discussion in 'Issues with tracker mortgages' started by peteb, Nov 14, 2013.

1. peteb

peteb Frequent Poster

Just to add the wording of the letter will have nothing to do with UB's decision. I wrote both my letter and my friends letter, both were identical and she got hers back without FSO involvement while I didint

2. dfinglas2016

dfinglas2016 New Member

Hi Peteb

I'm going through the same thing by any chance would you have a copy of the letter you gave the bank and the ombudsman I've been looking on the internet the last while and came across this its brilliant that you got your tracker back I don't really know how to go about the whole thing if you could send it on that would be great we can't let the banks get away with this

3. peteb

peteb Frequent Poster

PM me. I'm in work and i'll forget otherwise.

4. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

Hi d

You should start a new thread and set out your case.

Brendan

5. Whatnot

Whatnot New Member

Hi there I just came across this and find myself in the same boat any chance I could get a copy of the letter, I am going to put it up to them and see how I get on. Are people having much success with this I wonder

6. peteb

peteb Frequent Poster

Its the only one document I can't actually find. But its really just a simple letter to start the process outlining your position without bringing emotion and unreasonableness on the part of the bank into it.. Because they are never going to acknowledge from the start that they are wrong. Despite their ongoing CB review!

7. Lightening

Lightening Frequent Poster

@peteb "He goes onto he found the dual terminology used by the bank confusing and quotes a number of paragraphs that I can include if necessary but in essence he then states" (Nov 2013)

I wonder could you please elaborate on the "dual terminology" used by the bank.

Happy for you you got your tracker back in 2013 well done ! Appreciate your help

8. peteb

peteb Frequent Poster

I havent got the letter to hand but it was the use of the the words they described the rate as "home loan rate".