Ulster Bank Mortgage Mover

FinancialQ

Does anybody know when Ulster Bank started their mortgage mover product where they allow you to move your mortgage to another property.

A tracker mortgage?

To the best of my recollection Ulsterbank removed the right to transfer existing tracker in Feb 2014, and never reinstated it. Instead they had a specific product for movers who had tracker mortgages, with a fixed margin for initially 5 years, and later 10 years.

It changed a bit over time, but here's the press release from August 2015 when it changed to 10 years:

Another question about the Ulster Bank mortgage mover. Do you get cash back like you would with a new mortgage.

Thanks for that,. So if I was moving house, clearing my UB mortgage and getting a new UB mortgage via the mortgage mover I would get cash back. Is that correct?

Thanks for that,. So if I was moving house, clearing my UB mortgage and getting a new UB mortgage via the mortgage mover I would get cash back. Is that correct?
Probably not, I doubt a bank leaving the market would continue to offer such a financial incentive.

My understand is the cashback is a separate incentive scheme. It was periodically extended but can't see why they would have continued it.

In sure the bank would clarify this for you.

Hi Skrooge, you don't by any chance know if Ulster Bank ever did an offset mortgage of their own before merging with First Active in 2010.

Hi Skrooge, you don't by any chance know if Ulster Bank ever did an offset mortgage of their own before merging with First Active in 2010.
No they didn't, National Irish (I think that was their name) and TSB did a version of one.

can you share on what you are trying to do or prove, if you are clear with what you are doing or want to do it may be easier to assist.

I'm looking to see how the mortgage mover product relates to the old First Active offset mortgage. That is, when moving house with the FA offset mortgage should it be done through the mortgage mover or does that relate at all.

I dont believe it does have anything to do with the Offset.
for the Offset its a House Mover process I believe, and is started with the assistance of a branch.
just looked through your history, and yes you had an Offset and you wanted to move your mortgage but Ulster advised they didnt want to so you had to move to another provider.

Last edited:
Back