Ulster Bank (mort.) app not working but am overseas

LosLobos

I have a house/Ulster bank mortgage account in Ireland managed previously via their app. The app has now stopped but I have no correspondence from AIB or Ulster Bank about this. Added to which I have recently changed residential address where I live overseas.

1- Why did app stop working? Need I download the AIB app? Nice to keep track of mortgage repayments/balance etc
2- Any ideas on other next steps re correspondence

Did you get a letter from AIB telling you that your mortgage has actually been transferred?

So far, they have transferred only 80% of the mortgages due to be transferred.

I assume that when it goes to AIB, you should use the AIB app.

Brendan

Has the app stopped working or has the account disappeared from the app?. My current, savings and credit card all disappeared after a period once they were closed but my mortgage is still on there. Mine hasn't transferred yet. If it's disappeared, it suggests the transfer is done but they have written out to people telling them if their transfer is yet to happen, I got my letter this week. If it's not working, then try reinstalling, bizarely, they have done some upgrades recently.

"Your account is unavailable to view in the app. Please try later. If you are new to mobile banking, please allow up to 24 hours to access the app. If you're an existing mobile banking customer and have made recently changes to your account, please delete and reinstall the app"

This was yesterday, and today too.

I have a house/Ulster bank mortgage account in Ireland managed previously via their app. The app has now stopped but I have no correspondence from AIB or Ulster Bank about this. Added to which I have recently changed residential address where I live overseas.

1- Why did app stop working? Need I download the AIB app? Nice to keep track of mortgage repayments/balance etc
2- Any ideas on other next steps re correspondence
You do know that Ulster Bank have pulled out of Ireland. That all loans and mortgages are transferred to other banks (AIB and PTSB). That your accounts with Ulster were closed by the dates in the letters they will have sent you.

You need to phone them. And good luck with that as that helpline is awful. Deliberately so.

Do you really need to be told that you should have informed Ulster Bank of your new address. Is your mortgage actually being repaid.

"Your account is unavailable to view in the app. Please try later. If you are new to mobile banking, please allow up to 24 hours to access the app. If you're an existing mobile banking customer and have made recently changes to your account, please delete and reinstall the app"

This was yesterday, and today too.
I have this too from the app, but no communication from AIB or Ulster about the switch being done yet.

Not all according to @Brendan Burgess:
I understood I was one of the last cohort, the June and July bunch. Mine got delayed because the legals couldn't get it sorted. That's my understanding. But I wasn't following it fully. Ulster did send a load of correspondence over the past year or so. So it would be a pretty unusual client didn't get some info.

I understood I was one of the last cohort, the June and July bunch. Mine got delayed because the legals couldn't get it sorted. That's my understanding. But I wasn't following it fully. Ulster did send a load of correspondence over the past year or so. So it would be a pretty unusual client didn't get some info.
They are not all transferred, the remaining mortgages are scheduled to move before year end but dates are not confirmed according to a letter I got this week from the bank

Received a letter from Ulster Bank a couple of days ago, transcribed below (I have put a salient point in bold).

We wrote to you on 28th March 2023 to inform you that Ulster Bank agreed to transfer the legal ownership of your Mortgage Loan to Allied Irish Banks p.l.c. of 10 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2, Ireland ("AIB").

As you may be aware, some Mortgage Loan transfers to AIB have recently taken place, however the transfer of your Mortgage Load (reference above) has not yet occurred. The completion of Mortgage Loan transfers to AIB will take place before the end of 2023 and it is anticipated that your Mortgage Loan will transfer to AIB at this stage. If you have recently redeemed your mortgage in full you can disregard this letter.

What action do you need to take?
You do not need to do anything at this time. The purpose of this letter is to keep you informed and to let you know that we will write to you again to provide a mimimum of 2 month's notice for the transfer of your Mortgage Loan.

Up until the transfer date nothing changes, and you should continue to engage with Ulster Bank about your Mortgage Loan as you normally would.

Please be assured that this transfer does not impact your legal and regulatory protections. Any mortgage interest rate, or any alternative repayment arrangement (ARA) you may hold at the time of transfer, will continue to apply to your Mortgage Loan in line with your mortgage documentation. Your Mortgage Loan will continue to be governed by the provisions of the Consumer Protection Code and/or the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears, as applicable.

Other important information
It is important that you keep up your repayments for your Mortgage Loan. You retain the option to at any time repay all amounts owing under your Mortgage Loan or switch to another lender. You can contact us for details of the outstanding balance and interest accruing.

Be fraud aware
These circumstances may prompt fraudsters to attempt to take advantage of the situation. We will ensure all security measures continue to keep you protected. Please stay alert and watch out for scams and visit www.ulsterbank.ie/security for more information and support.

If you wish to discuss the contents of this letter, are in financial difficulty or need additional support, we are here to help you. Please call us on 0818 201275 (Open Monday-Friday 9am-5pm). If you are calling from abroad, you can get in touch with us on 00353 818210275. There are also Frequently Asked Questions available on the Customer Support Hub pages of the Ulster Bank website (www.ulsterbank.ie/help-and-support/support-hub.html) and the Information Hub on the AIB website (www.aib.ie/mortgage-support).

We would like to thank you for your patience during this time and assure you that we will continue to hel pand support you through this transition.

Yours sincerely,
Philip Duff

To me that means if you have transferred (as seems possible) you should have received correspondence at least two months ago about it. It may be that your letter is languishing in a pile at your old address, along with a letter from AIB giving you details of your new mortgage account.

I have this too from the app, but no communication from AIB or Ulster about the switch being done yet.
I got a letter today saying the mortgage account had moved a few days ago, so no more access via the UB app, and to expect communication from AIB in the next couple of weeks. No action required for me as paying via DD and this is just transferring to AIB (though they mentioned the name on the DD will stay ULSB until AIB change it).

I got a letter today saying the mortgage account had moved a few days ago, so no more access via the UB app, and to expect communication from AIB in the next couple of weeks. No action required for me as paying via DD and this is just transferring to AIB (though they mentioned the name on the DD will stay ULSB until AIB change it).
I had to do up a DD authorisation. They sent it to me in the post and as that didn't get done on time they accepted it by email. AIB had already sent me a couple of letters of welcome.

I was told by Ulster that my transfer was supposed to be June and then told I wouldn't be June, that it would be the July batch, and then they did do the transfer in June after all.

Back