Ulster Bank is allowing tracker mortgages to be transferred to a new house

Has anyone heard any details about the new product that UB will be offering? Keen to move but don't want to lose tracker.

Came across something on Ulster bank site, it might be the new product talked about. Keep tracker for only 5 years after moving. not allowed post URL but it's under Home Mover Mortgage on their website

Thanks for that picturehouse. Nowhere near as attractive. An increase in tracker rate for 5 years and then it goes completely.

[broken link removed]

If you are an Existing Tracker customer this rate cannot be moved to your new home. However you can choose a new 5 year Tracker rate (on ECB * linked rate plus a margin) for loan amounts up to your current level of Tracker borrowings (see rates tab). This new rate will depend on your existing Tracker rate and your new LTV. The remaining balance (if required) will be based on one of our Fixed/Variable rate options. After the initial 5 year period, the rate reverts to the Banks Standard Variable Rate (currently 4.50% (APR of 4.6%**)) unless an alternative rate is chosen.

Looking back at this offer of 2012. I have a current "similar" query as follows:

Approximately 250k outstanding from original advance 310k tracker ECB+1% 12 years to run with Ulster Bank repayments up to date.

Approx. Existing Security:
Investment House 300k
Investment Apartment 100k (original purchase price 270k)

Proposal:
I may be able to sell apartment for 100k and replace security of apartment with an Industrial property value 200k.

Could I request replacement security limited to 100k as this would give the same security of 400k on 250k balance. At worst allow full security(industrial asset + investment house)500k to UB total security .

Has anyone replaced/released the assets of an Ulster tracker mortgage with an asset of same or higher value as above without effecting the rate?

Can anyone confirm if they have released a property leaving security of approx €330k BTL with a balance of €220k and retained their tracker rate or similar. I've enquired previously and am updating now.

Back