Ulster Bank introduces free banking changes

When will AIB follow suit - the more banks that are offering this, the more I feel AIB are giving me the two fingers.

This means they are droping the €500 minimum which they only introduced about a year ago, I was gettign ready to switch from them due to this!

ClubMan said:
Why not move so?

How did I know I would be asked that! (Please don't reply with "I don't know, how did you?)!

I like the service. Doesn't stop me moaning that they haven't followed the other banks!

yes, that 500 euro minimun was introduced in the middle of 2004 and now they are doing away with it. it seems rather good.

Alex.

podgerodge said:
I like the service. Doesn't stop me moaning that they haven't followed the other banks!
Do you mean that the service is worth paying a premium for in terms of higher charges than are available elsewhere? Or do you mean that you like getting the two fingers and paying for the privilege? Or you just like moaning? Either way it's your prerogative but when people post here they are often looking for ways to save money so I just wondered why you didn't switch to a lower/no charges banking alternative.

Maybe it happened coz I closed my account and stated the account fees as the reason.....me and many others of course

AIB will only change when then see similar letters flooding in....until then move

ClubMan said:
Or you just like moaning?

Probably.

However, I don't accept that my wanting to stay with AIB, for whatever reason, excludes me from commenting that I would like to see them offer free banking.

paddyodoors said:
Maybe it happened coz I closed my account and stated the account fees as the reason.....me and many others of course

AIB will only change when then see similar letters flooding in....until then move

I agree. I just hoped that they would have done it by now and saved me the bother. Call me lazy!

Nothing wrong with lazy moaners complaining. Just as there's nothing wrong with others suggesting that they might do something constructive.

I'm still with AIB, tsb does not have a MAESTRO card which is a problem when I am abroad in Europe, they'd charge me alot more every time i take out money in France than AIB!
Anyone got an idea about Ulster Bank? Do they have Maestro, laser, what sort of card have they if I swap?
I ALSO HAVE MY 3,25% ONLINE AND SSIA with AIB so everything should be right before I swap, and tsb was not 100%

Fanny

fanny, ulster bank doesn't do maestro. they have a 4 in 1 card called a "service card". the ub 4 in 1 card (service card) has the atm, laser, cheque guarantee and cirrus functions on it. maybe they might do meastro at some stage.

Alex.

Back