Ulster Bank /first active offset flexible mortgage account

Easeler

Just into UB and they are refusing to give me a contactless card. I have a bank card and use this account for every day banking it's free banking. Now they want me to open another account and charging me 4 euro a month.

What has that to do with your mortgage?

Please edit the title of the thread to make it relevant.

Brendan

It's one of these current account mortgage account Ulster Bank staff don't seem to know a lot about them, I always had a laser card with this ,no fees which is great, don't know why they they will not give me contact less card which would be handy

It might not be a feature of the offset account, same way as for example you can't have an overdraft on it. I have one as well but have never bothered with the laser card on it.

We find this is a great current account and they have a great app we might have to wait for a while to go contactless

Just noticed today a debit of €4 for 'charges' on my offset current account on the 7th of April, what's this about? I have never been charged on this account before. Did they announce some change or other that I missed? I definitely did not get correspondence about it.

Just checked my account here nothing no charge taken yet. Yes it was free banking .

Well the answer is if the balance of the facility drops below 3k you pay €4 per month. I don't recall hearing about that but as I was only gone €3 below it I have just bumped up the balance. Told me it was always there, like hell it was!

Ya they probably will tell you should have been charged all along. I have been looking up T/C it's dated back 2006 it doesn't say anything about fees so I guess it's up to UB to start charging fees.

They actually told me first I had been paying it all along and didn't notice it I'd notice it!

Then when that answer didn't do me she had to ring the branch and then came back with the under 3k explanation.

I said there was never charges with this type of account, it was a feature of the First Active product, was informed it's UB now. I presume there was something written in somewhere about reserving the right to change stuff, I might just plough through all the original docs.

Good luck with that, I was never charged yet and use this account for all our banking joined account with OH, probably 4 euro a month is not too bad for all our banking but they know we can't leave so they can do what they like.

How can we leave if its a current account and mortgage all in one your going to be paying 4 euro evan if you don't use it as a current account.