Ulster Bank /first active offset flexible mortgage account

Easeler

Just into UB and they are refusing to give me a contactless card. I have a bank card and use this account for every day banking it's free banking. Now they want me to open another account and charging me 4 euro a month.

It's one of these current account mortgage account Ulster Bank staff don't seem to know a lot about them, I always had a laser card with this ,no fees which is great, don't know why they they will not give me contact less card which would be handy

It might not be a feature of the offset account, same way as for example you can't have an overdraft on it. I have one as well but have never bothered with the laser card on it.

We find this is a great current account and they have a great app we might have to wait for a while to go contactless

Just noticed today a debit of €4 for 'charges' on my offset current account on the 7th of April, what's this about? I have never been charged on this account before. Did they announce some change or other that I missed? I definitely did not get correspondence about it.

Just checked my account here nothing no charge taken yet. Yes it was free banking .

Well the answer is if the balance of the facility drops below 3k you pay €4 per month. I don't recall hearing about that but as I was only gone €3 below it I have just bumped up the balance. Told me it was always there, like hell it was!

Ya they probably will tell you should have been charged all along. I have been looking up T/C it's dated back 2006 it doesn't say anything about fees so I guess it's up to UB to start charging fees.

They actually told me first I had been paying it all along and didn't notice it :) I'd notice it!

Then when that answer didn't do me she had to ring the branch and then came back with the under 3k explanation.

I said there was never charges with this type of account, it was a feature of the First Active product, was informed it's UB now. I presume there was something written in somewhere about reserving the right to change stuff, I might just plough through all the original docs.

Good luck with that, I was never charged yet and use this account for all our banking joined account with OH, probably 4 euro a month is not too bad for all our banking but they know we can't leave so they can do what they like.

How can we leave if its a current account and mortgage all in one your going to be paying 4 euro evan if you don't use it as a current account.

Back