Ulster Bank fined €34m over trackers

Some great comments from Bronte and others.

Clearly, the regulatory system is not fit for purpose.

These events date back to the noughties and a 30% discount is given for an early settlement in 2021 with a "hope" that UB will do right by other customers!

I've had some experience with the CB in the relatively recent past - I found them pretty inept/rudderless.

Last edited:
I lost a BTL through the tracker related actions of EBS/ AIB and can sympathise with those who were done wrong by Ulster. Padraic Kissane represented my case and I got a very large settlement (after 3 years of being told via BDO where to go by EBS) which was great but didn't compensate for the grief, worry and family trauma.

If you've been a victim of tracker banking skullduggery I recommended paying for good representation and give yourself a fighting chance to get compensation & turn the tables on this shower of chancers. And be careful of self-appointed experts on AAM giving you advice or downplaying YOUR issues - rely on professionals at the end of the day for definitive advice.

I second that. Many people here think losing your home was your own fault and you're not entitled to substantial redress. Unfortunately the EBS tracker redress and appeals system did not find in my favour for a lost home. But hey, that's what courts are for.

Congrats on the compensation deanpark.

Folks

This is an important thread and I want to keep it open.

Nor do I want to ban anyone from Askaboutmoney.

But I do not want to have my home put on the line by people making reckless allegations of criminal behaviour.

The fact that someone does something deliberately does not mean that it is fraud.

If anyone has evidence of criminal behaviour , even if you have suspicion of criminal behaviour, then you should go to the Garda with it. You should not be making these allegations in public as they would reduce the chances of a successful conviction.

Any further allegations of fraud here will be deleted and the poster banned.

Brendan

Back