Ulster bank -Apple Pay

deco87

Have a credit card and there is an issue trying to get the tap facility working on it again - after a phone reset -
I paid the annual tax this year -if I cannot resolve the tap issue and it’s not looking good !
if I get a debit card from my credit union , will I have to pay the government tax again ? Or can I close the visa account and open the debit card -
And without having to pay the government tax again ?

Last edited:
I'd like to help but I'm finding it very difficult to follow your post. Is there any chance you could take a deep breath and type a few recognizable sentences using normal punctuation, capitalization rules, etc?

I'd like to help but I'm finding it very difficult to follow your post. Is there any chance you could take a deep breath and type a few recognizable sentences using normal punctuation, capitalization rules, etc?
Does the yearly annual charge - government applies to credit cards apply to debit cards also !? Deep breath - count to 10 -
Then , do you have to pay it twice if so , if you in my case , closed the credit card account as it doesn’t work as required -I.e. pay /tap - function not available

Last edited:
If Apple Pay is not working on your iPhone then it is not an issue with the credit card.

Also, adding credit cards to Apple Pay is different than debit cards. With debit cards you can verify them in the wallet app through inputting a code that you receive via a text message (as well as other methods).

With a credit card, you can start the process of adding the card on your phone but you MUST ring Ulster Bank credit card services to enable the credit card in Apple Pay. Follow the on-screen instructions to do this.

You need a code - a confirmation code to set up the credit card - with Ulster bank when you wish to use devices -which you must notify them of- an iPhone and an iwatch in my case - I’m 7 days on to them to get this code - without success - it would be fantastic if you could ring them - you can but it will not progress the matter - it’s brutal - if you have an issue - their Apple Pay team are only available on web chat - and the people there are only operating on a defined chat - if anything is wrong - they are quite incompetent - that’s the only reason I’m forced to think of getting a different way to use tap for purchases

The chat facility is an automated chat bot, you are not talking to a human. ring the anytime banking helpline, they are usually pretty good.

Back