Ulster Bank and the €40 refund

E

EvilDoctorK

Just a note for those of you using the Ulster Bank Visa and the €40 cashback after you put €5000 purchases (note cash advances don't count)

For the 2nd year running this does not seem automatically to have been credited to my account. I had to ring them up last december to get it credited for 2003... This year I would have already easily exceeded the €5k spend on the card and no sign of it automatically crediting.

It's a good offer alright but make sure you get it credited... I don't know what other's experiences are in this regard.

If it's an advertised feature of their card you shouldn't have to ask.

This is the sort of thing IFSRA is there to correct and they would find it quite easy to so, especially in the current climate.

Re: ..

Bit late now (because they have stopped issuing them I think) but if you had charged that 5K to your Amex Blue you would have got €50 back.

z

Re: ..

True Zag .. I did previously have an Amex blue .. but acceptance of them can be a good bit more limited ... you find you need to have Visa/MC as well .. so unless you'd be spending 4k plus on the Amex as well as 5k on the UB visa then it's not really worth it I suppose.

€40

I've always gotten it back, but I think it takes a while as it's paid back in arrears?

€40 loyalty bonus from UB

I got the €40 back from UB Zinc card automatically despite only having used it to the tune of about $3,000 in the year.

Re: €40 loyalty bonus from UB

I got the EUR 40 credited to my Ulster bank visa without requesting however now that Ulster bank have changed his policy regarding bank charges I am considering to go somewhere else - see my posting about bank charges

ulster bank €40 refund

I had to ask for my refund and didnt even get an apology
seems like a bit of a con
what are the chances that everybody checks to see if they get it back?
I didnt bother to complain I just closed the account
any other experiences like this out there

Back