UK Rental Income

trigger3

If I have income from a UK property but don't remit it to Ireland, do I have to declare this on my Income Tax return for that year or just leave the foreign rents section blank? I understand that I will have to file UK Income Tax return but not sure whether to include it oin irish tax return if the profits are not remitted.

If I have income from a UK property but don't remit it to Ireland

Yes, assuming you're Irish-resident, in which case you are assessable to Irish income tax on worldwide income but should be entitled to claim credit for any tax deducted on such income in the UK or other tax-treaty countries.

Yes, assuming you're Irish-resident, in which case you are assessable to Irish income tax on worldwide income but should be entitled to claim credit for any tax deducted on such income in the UK or other tax-treaty countries.

Thanks, I am indeed resident.

I'm assuming that the remittance basis is only used in a situation where I was non-resident then.

What if Trigger3 is irish-resident but not domiciled? Would he still need to declare the income although not remitted ?

Thanks, I am indeed resident.

I'm assuming that the remittance basis is only used in a situation where I was non-resident then.
If you were non-resident in Ireland, the tax treatment in Ireland of your UK income would be moot.

Back