UK registered card needed , how do I do this ?

messedaround

Hi all , hoping yo book a trip away with a UK company but payments need to be made with a UK registered debut or credit card m both mine are Ulster bank ROI , really don't want yo loose out on this deal as the same trip from here is 2.5k dearer ! Anyway was hoping for some advice , thought of getting a pre paid card from UK but it means I'd be lying as it states must be a UK resident , thanks in advance

The Revolut MasterCard would work a treat here as it's a UK card. Signup using your Irish address and then use the app to change the registered address to that of Parcel Motel in Northern Ireland. An added bonus is that you will get an excellent exchange rate when you use the app to convert £ into €. Do this first and then pay for your holiday in £.

Caveat, make sure the holiday company has next of kin contact details. If something goes badly wrong the PSNI won't know what to do if they have to visit Parcel Motel. Second word of warning, take out your own travel insurance, but carefully read the small print first to be confident that you aren't invalidating the insurance by booking your holiday with a UK address.

More on Revolut in this thread:
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/revolut-commision-free-fx-and-international-debit-card.195705/

another tip would be to open a UK bank account and get a debit card on it.

Back