UK Reg Car with Irish Parking fine ?

kaiser1

Hi All,

I just got a UK reg car (been changed over to irish now though) and got a parking ticket as still has uk plates etc on it - it was no surprise i was being lazy, i was thinking I would be just be able to throw it away anyway. The UK reg is on the parking ticket etc..

Should I bin this ticket or pay the fine ? €40
Its Bray Town council..

can they track it back to me ?
thks

I have heard of collection of parking fines being outsourced to private companies who are much more aggressive in tracking down delinquent fines, even from foreign reg cars. I have a feeling this was in the UK, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened here.

For the sake of €40 I would be inclined to pay it and that's the matter finished.

Dundalk Town Council had (natch) loads of problems with norn iron cars parking and not paying the parking fee. solved problem by 'selling' the unpaid parking fines to Uk collection agency. Would imagine Bray TC do the same but as the car wasn't in you name at the time.........

pretty sure your ok on that a friend of mine had a ticket on a northern reg car binned it and never heard anything about it again.

Thanks All,
Im going to bin it :)
its a cool feeling of having the UK plates on and being invincible as regards parking tickets (for a while anyway).. but have to stick the Irish plates on before the guards stop me.. ;)

Dundalk Town Council had (natch) loads of problems with norn iron cars parking and not paying the parking fee. solved problem by 'selling' the unpaid parking fines to Uk collection agency. Would imagine Bray TC do the same but as the car wasn't in you name at the time.........
I recall there were legal issues with this approach and it was stopped.

Thanks All,
Im going to bin it :)
its a cool feeling of having the UK plates on and being invincible as regards parking tickets (for a while anyway).. but have to stick the Irish plates on before the guards stop me.. ;)
On behalf of the other drivers round the east coast who have to live with the inconvenience of your illegal parking, thanks so much for your consideration for your fellow citizen. You're not beating the system, you're beating your neighbours and friends.

Back